Tuesday 19 January 2010

Shiny Things

After a busy day at Shiny HQ Vicky and I had lots of nice things drying ready to fire. Both of us made rings which I managed to fire late last night and polish up today.


On the left is the ring Vicky made using a button as her inspiration.It's her first attempt at a ring and if I do say so myself her best piece so far. To add interest to the ring,some of the detail was picked out and burnished to a high shine as was the ring band(not seen in the picture) the rest was left as a brushed finish to make a good contrast. We are really pleased with how it came out and I really wish I could keep it myself.




On the right is the ring I made. Again I used a button for my inspiration but I added a Peridot CZ as embellishment for the top of the ring. this ring also has a plain silver band and has been burnished and polished to a high shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment